Home Forums Main Forum Welcome & New Homeschoolers Hello I’m new here/what to do now?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Amy 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

Hello everyone! I homeschool 6 children and have been doing it for about seven years now. I love Rainbow Resource and I am excited to be here! My issue is (because we all have them) I homeschool in Pennsylvania and our state law tells us we need to test our students in grades 8,5,and 3. Four of my six children fit that bill, so last week we “did the tests” Good achievement test scores are not why I do what I do ;Nevertheless, when the results come in they can be a little discouraging. This is what I got 8th grader scored at a 12th grade level (homerun, right? God is good)! I have two children in fifth grade. My 12 year old scored 6th grade reading (another praise) but 2nd grade math (ouch), 10 year old fifth grader scored 4th grade math and third grade everything else, and third grader scored at a first grade level. Ok, so I need a good math remedial program for sweet 12 year old daughter, same thing just in English for ten year old boy, and little guy apparently needs it all! Any suggestions (other then hiring my 8th grader for a tutor) thanks have a great day!
    Amy
    just teaching6 (or at least trying to) :unsure:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.