Turns out Wee Babe’s dictionary is different than mine for his favorite word/word of choice/only word for months and months. It’s a great word. One of the very best words. The word I would choose if he was going to say only one word for quite awhile. It’s just that I had no idea it had quite this many meanings.
So, here is what Wee Babe’s dictionary says, not Webster’s.
- woman I adore
- woman who needs to get something for me
- only person who can get something for me
- healer of all injuries by smoochy kisses
- person who will come pick me up out of my crib when I sound pitiful enough and will give me a snuggle
- lovely, delightfully pleasing
- dear or cherished
- resembling a person who can get something for me
- to be emphatic, firm, or resolute in a matter, usually said in a strong tone (syn. insist)
- to prevail on as by urging, especially said in a sweet sing song voice (syn. persuade)
- to challenge or dispute
- help immediately, as in now
- an explanation of surprise, wonder or elation
- used derisively to question the comprehension, intelligence or common sense of a person being addressed
Consider this your language lesson for the day/week.