I have been on this homeschooling journey for almost 20 years. Yes, 20 years! Therefore I consider myself a homeschool veteran. Let’s quickly talk about what a homeschool veteran looks like.
- Some days my hair and makeup are perfect (well as perfect as I can get) and there is a smile on my face!
- Some days I have my pajamas on til noon and I look like something the dogs drug in!
- Some days confidence in this journey pours out of me and I am ready to conquer even the hardest college applications!
- Some days doubt and worry set in and I wonder if the kids are even learning something.
- Some days I wish they were all preschoolers again working with the teddy bear counters and playdough.
- Some days I cannot wait to be done homeschooling.
- Some days we start at 9 and end at 3 completing all of our daily assignments on time.
- Some days we are lucky if we start by noon and get anything done.
Sound anything like you? I hope so! You see, the point is, we are not too different.
Yes, I have been homeschooling for almost two decades (excuse me while I go sit down), but I am much like you. I have learned a lot of things, but by no means have all the answers. Some days are good. Some days are not.
But, by the grace of God, a lot of prayer, and a lot of determination, we forge ahead.
I have a 23 year old daughter who graduated with a BS in Bible who runs her own sewing business.
My second daughter is three weeks from finishing her first year in college, which is actually her sophomore year.
I have a son that is finishing up his freshman year and starting to explore college possibilities.
And I have a 9 year old, yes you read that correctly, that is a 4th grader and he says he is living with me forever. Oh boy!
What about you? Remember – we are more alike than not. And we are in this journey together!