I have tried many planners over the years. When we started our homeschooling journey a few years ago I had to step up my planner game. Having a really good planner that meets all of your needs is very important when you have a family and homeschool. It keeps you organized and on schedule. A good quality planner will also help you to manage your household.
The first planner I purchased was a cheap one from the local store. It was okay but it needed more. The next year I bought a very expensive “homeschool” planner that everyone raved about. It had too much for my needs. I bought a few others and they did not work either. I finally did some research and came across the Well-Planned Day Planner. It was created by Rebecca Scarlata Keliher and it is amazing.
Some of my favorite features are:
- House Duties section – helps to keep your household organized and keeps everything you need in one place (such as: chore lists, finances, important phone numbers, shopping lists)
- Teacher Schedule
- Student Schedule
- Class Plans (lists of curriculum you used, names of books purchased)
- Monthly Plans
- Weekly Plans (with each subject already written in)
- Attendance Records (although in my state you do not need this feature, it is nice to have a record of how many days of school were accomplished)
- Progress Reports (for daddy and other family members who may want to take a peek)
Choosing the right planner for your family is easy when you know what your needs are. For example, my family’s needs are: planning our homeschool year, weekly planning for each student’s assignments, household duties and chores, family gatherings, field trips, days off from school, accomplishments for the week/month/year, blogging schedule, and so much more.
The reason I love the Well-Planned Day Planner so much is because I can keep everything together in one place. The design is also very attractive and feminine. There are color pictures throughout the planner as well as helpful tips and tricks on how to get the most use out of the planner. It is also a bonus that there are many Christian features included.
If you are tired of searching for the right planner, this is the one for you. Try it out! It isn’t very expensive but it is worth it anyway.