I love a new year because it always means a fresh start!
For a homeschooling mom, picking up the reigns after a busy holiday (and possibly a lengthy break) can feel both exciting and overwhelming. A fresh start, yes… but a daunting start nonetheless!
While we’re wrapping up Christmas celebrations and getting in gear for another year, my mind is busy making plans for 2016.
Today, I’d love to share a few tools with you! These are my favorite picks from Rainbow Resource in helping keep my life as a homeschooling mama as organized, simple, and purposeful as possible.
I hope these resources will be a blessing to your homeschooling ventures in the new year!
This little planner will be your best friend in 2016! It comes in three beautiful colors – yellow, orange, and blue – and contains 52 weekly planners, a one-year grid, student goal setting, a record keeping section and so much more!
If you need an ultimate tool in keeping your school year planned and organized, this is it!
And here is your ultimate resource for getting to the heart of homeschooling!
Educating the Whole-Hearted Child, by Clay Clarkson, is a handbook I refer to over and over again throughout the year. I can’t recommend it highly enough!
Tools for Organization
One of our BIGGEST challenges as a homeschooling family is keeping up with the clutter and messes that educating five children at home creates on a daily basis!
Here are a few practical tools for helping keep life as a homeschooler as tidy as possible:
- Desk Top Organizer (great for containing Mom’s books, planner, folders, etc)
- Compartment Organizer (for all that little stuff in your junk drawer!)
- Internet Address & Password Logbook (boy, do I need one of these!)
- Homework Box for boys and girls (a perfect solution for your kids’ school work clutter)
- Utility Caddy (great for school supplies)
- File Folders (I love these chevron prints!)
- Sharpies! (neon colors are fun!)
- Magnetic Mini Pocks (so we can stop losing pencils and pens!)
Books for Personal Growth
How often do we think of our personal, emotional, and spiritual growth as part of our homeschooling goals for the year? We can’t overlook this vital dimension! So much rises and falls on the tone we set in our homes as mothers.
Here are a few excellent reads that are on my list in 2016:
- The Power of a Positive Mom, by Karol Ladd
- Mission of Motherhood, by Sally Clarkson
- Seasons of a Mother’s Heart, by Sally Clarkson
- Raising Kids to Thrive, by Ken Ginsburg
Let’s see, the only thing I would add to this list might be plenty of coffee and chocolate!
Check out RainbowResource.com for hundreds of products and tools to make 2016 a great year of homeschooling! You always get FREE shipping on orders of $50 or more.