To ensure that Our Homeschool Forum always remains a peaceful place where people can come to be uplifted, there are a few rules to be followed. By visiting this website, you agree to abide by them and suffer the consequences for not doing so. These rules pertain to the website in general, commenting on content (include articles, reviews, and videos), and participating in the forum community.
- Anyone is welcome to comment on articles, product reviews, and videos.
- We ask that comments be relevant, friendly, and helpful.
- Flaming, trolling, spamming, and inappropriate content are not tolerated. Any comment may be moderated.
- Please, no advertising (purchase a space in the website’s sidebar for that).
- Friendly debate is welcome, so long as it remains friendly. Please avoid political topics.
- All content you post remains in your ownership; by posting you give Our Homeschool Forum the permission to display and use the content on the website.
- To comment, your name and email address is required. We’ll never give away or sell this information.
- The comment section is not customer service. Please contact Rainbow Resource Center directly for questions about purchasing from us.
- One account per person. Puppet accounts will be banned/deleted with the possibility of a ban on the original account depending on circumstances. If you lose your password, please contact the administration before registering a new account.
- Don’t post personal info. The internet is a public place, and while we keep your information secure, you’re responsible for any personal information you post in places available to the general public.
- There is no-tolerance for false identities. Using a false identity without very good reason will result in a ban, probably deletion, and potentially legal action depending on the circumstances.
- Keep avatars decent. There’s no tolerance for explicit or offensive avatars.
- Guidelines for signatures: up to two web links are allowed, properly formatted using the forum’s BBCode. Signatures are subject to rules for all other content. Moderators will request edits to excessively long signatures.
- Stay on topic. Try your best to be relevant to the topics being discussed.
- No double-posting. If you post a topic in one forum category, that’s where it should stay (unless moved by a moderator); please don’t repost it in another category.
- Links to other websites: links are allowed for reference and informational purposes only. Blatant advertising will result in warnings and eventually a ban. Moderators reserve the right to delete or edit links at their discretion.
- No advertising. If there are specific topics (esp. stickies) for certain things (esp. for promoting: i.e., Promote Your Blog Here!), please do not start a new topic specifically for promoting your personal things. Our Homeschool Forum is a service provided by RRC free of charge; to keep it that way, links to other sites for products sold by Rainbow may be changed to direct to the product page on RainbowResource.com.
- Images. Keep them decent, and please keep image sizes at or under 800px wide.
- Don’t use an excessive amount of post decoration. Smilies and text colors are nice and all that, but a little goes a looong way. Seriously.
- Friendly debate is welcome, as long as it remains friendly and non-political. Debates that are going downhill fast will be stopped by moderators. Purposefully riling up controversy will be viewed as trolling. We don’t feed trolls.
- Private stuff stays private. Don’t share your personal information, and don’t share that “inside information” you have on a new curriculum coming out in two years. Use integrity.
- Absolutely no flaming, trolling, insults, spamming, etc. It’s immature, and our friendly team of moderators will be more than happy to reward warnings and bans to anyone who thinks Our Homeschool Forum is the place to slander or bully other people.
- Please follow common-sense internet etiquette. Do your best to be polite and helpful, use good English, and be willing to learn.
- You are not a moderator. Please let moderators do their jobs and don’t be overly-helpful in calling out people or spamming the “report” button on postings.
- Don’t argue with moderators. They always win.
- Ban-able offenses include : hacking, flaming, profanity, inappropriate content (pornographic, explicit, illegal, offensive, advertising, attacking, threatening, spamming, etc.), and using false identities or sock-puppet accounts.
- Admins & Mods reserve the right to determine what constitutes a ban-able offense, and to moderate/censor any post content which doesn’t follow the rules.
- Warnings: Unless circumstances call for a different course of action, generally users will be warned twice before receiving a temporary ban; two more warnings will result in a permanent ban.
- Moderators abide by the rules, too. The administration won’t tolerate abuses of their additional privileges & responsibilities.